From Steam to Diesel

Originally powered by one of two 1910 Simpson Strickland tripple expansion engines John Goddard aquired from an Australian museum, the second (shown here) he kept in a glass display case at his home in Pittwater, NSW.

Now fitted with a Beta 50 Hp 4 cylinder diesel, indirect injection for quieter running, a 3:1 hydraulic gearbox to turn our big slow running prop, twin 24V alternators to power a battery inverter system and all finished in brilliant white to create a clean engine room.

Print Print | Sitemap
© Elliott Hopkins